API Change Summary
The following list documents a running list of changes to version 4 of the ThousandEyes API. Each release date is linked to the specific release notes for that release, for which Authentication is required. For details related to other versions of the ThousandEyes API, see the links on the left sidebar.
- APIv4 has been deprecated. All queries to version 4 (
https://api.thousandeyes.com/v4/) will receive a
HTTP 301redirect to the oldest supported API version (currently version 5). Please refer to current API version documentation.
- APIv6 is now default version. All queries without explicit version (
https://api.thousandeyes.com/v5/) will receive version 6 response.
- 90-day countdown for APIv4 deprecation begins with a target date of December 26, 2017. Please refer to the versioning page for details.
- updated change policy section (v4) to show that version 6 is in preview mode and accessible
- updated change policy section (v5) to show that version 6 is in preview mode and accessible
- (changed) version 4 is no longer the default version of the ThousandEyes API. To make requests to version 4, specify the version in the request, using
- (removed) API versions 2 and 3 have been deprecated
- (note) This is the last release where v4 is the current API endpoint.
- (fixed) date fields have been added back to the
/alertsendpoint when using XML-based output. Prior to the fix, these fields were missing.
- (fixed) documentation errors on test metadata page related to agents array.
redirectTimefield on HTTP Server output
roundsBeforeTriggerfield to alert Rules
- (fixed) issues retreiving page load data for saved events
- (added) saved events page added to tests category
recursiveQueries: 0|1to DNS Server instant tests (defaults to 0)
sslVersionId: 0|1|3to HTTP Server instant tests (defaults to 0)
verifySslCertificate: 0|1to HTTP Server instant tests (defaults to 1)
postBody: <string>to HTTP Server instant tests.
- Changed layout of test update and test creation endpoints, added Test Metadata reference page
- Harmonized user interface options for test creation/edit with API options - see creation/update endpoints for more details
serverNameobjects to DNS Server alerts, specifying specific DNS Server which is alerting.
- Corrected API-based test creation; all tests created via the API prior to this change were created with alerting disabled.
- (added) voice test endpoints. This feature is currently in beta. If you are interested in joining the beta, contact the Customer Success team, or your account representative.
- (added) ability to update transaction tests
- (added) alert rules to
- (changed) In this release, we also split API documentation into version-specific targets. See the left sidebar to change your version context.
mappingsfield for DNS Trace instant test response
- (changed) fixed an issue where status changed time format depending on endpoint
- API v4 released
- (changed) Terminology change: Private Agent renamed to Enterprise Agent
- (changed) Terminology change: Public Agent renamed to Cloud Agent